I completely agree with the nondeniable fact that the quality, well..SUCKS in comparison to the full size brushes....and here's where I step in and give you a nice little TIP!
Holidays come around and you find that your local MAC store just came out (or hasn't yet sold out) on the holiday brush sets. What I suggest? GET THEM... especially if they're just going to act as dup brushes to the ones you already own (it's a pain to take full size brushes everywhere you go in your purse for those touch ups) or if you just want to save yourself a buttload of money. Cmon, 4-5 brushes for the price of ONE?
Out of the brush sets I own, there are particular brushes that stand out the most with their bad quality. The 129 face brush and ESPECIALLY my notorius 252 eye brush. In a nutshell: THEY'RE ROUGH AND HURT MY SKIN!
Sound familiar?
Okay so here's the TIP:
Make sure you have ALL day for your brushes and you won't need them until TOMORROW at the soonest.
Wash them thoroughly. Then take some leave in conditioner (I used Pantine Pro-V) and just SMOTHER the brush in it. Make sure to get it all the way down into the bristles where they meet the metal, all the way into the center, on the outside, on the top, EVERYWHERE. If you can still see any black (or whatever colour the bristles happen to be) you have NOT put enough leave in conditioner!!! Leave them in for a couple of hours. The longer you leave it on, the softer your brush will be....so I reccomend ALL day.
Wash off, pat down on a paper towl and air dry...and presto! Noticably softer brushes!
Another tip: I also tried out my ISO conditoner. For Costco's price of $22 I found out this product is an expensive piece of JUNK...but great on my brushes!!!! If you find this brand's hair conditioner for a bargain price (i.e. Costco for a huge bottle or a wholesale beauty supply) give it a try, if not just skip it. It's a creme conditioner, and although it did NOTHING for my hair it did a great job at hydrating and conditioning my brushes :)
Give it a try!
<3
Fluidity

No comments:
Post a Comment