Saturday, April 5, 2008

SAVE THE STUPID RECEIPT!!!!

Today's blog is going to be more of a rant than anything else.

Todays Topic: Save the stupid receipt.

I've been surfing youtube, reading blogs, talk to people and for THE longest time I've heard the same "dilemma."

"Ohmuhgawd, I bought this stupid [insert beauty product here] and I hate it, it doesn't work and meh meh meh I don't like it. I think I'll throw it out."

....say what?

Are you freaking kidding me? You're going to spend $[insert dollar amount here] and you're just going to throw it out?

Or are YOU (yes YOU!) one of those people who spend money on things that you find out SUCK so you use it anyways because other wise it's a "waste" and then half way though you just toss it?

IT'S CALLED A RECEIPT.
USE IT!!!!!
SERIOUSLY, you CAN return makeup from WHEREVER if you have the receipt!! A lot of high reputable places (such as Nordstroms and MAC stores) are really good with their return policies and you do NOT even need a receipt!! I went to my local free standing MAC store to return a mascara (which by the way is a total must NOT have...ALL of them) because it irritated the shit out of my eyes. They did an exchange because I had no receipt, no original packaging, nothing but the mascara itself. That's IT.
...and even if you do run into no packaging/no receipt, just say you had an allergic reaction if you're really desperate because the product is so lame...bad, I know. Yes, I probably am going to hell for being guilty for this, let alone spreading it. But whatever, I'm not the only one who has done this and I'm not notorious for it either.
...and YES the mascara DID actually irritate my eyes, just in case you were wondering >:O (Which is why it's on my Banned fo Lyfe list of Unworthy of Even Being Mentioned List. For the record I HATE MAC mascara...just go get some at Longs or something)
Haha, I just had to get this out there and put an END to this miserable disease of what I call Wallet Bullemia/Receipt Disorder. I want to do you ALL (who didn't previously know/realize) that you CAN return/exchange makeup!!!
Don't torture yourselves with makeup that SUCKS.
---------------------------------------------------
This rant/holy makeup gospel inspired me to do something new.
I want to hear from YOU....yes, the very few of you who read this! (haha) From now on I want to hear from you and your most embarrassing/frustrating/enraging/fearful/whatever makeup moment!
Each month I will pick a couple to post up on my blog (don't worry, you can keep it anonymous if it's that embarrassing :P) just for grins and giggles and to make everyone (from starter to pro) feel a little better about the things they've done and be able to say "Oh gawd!! I thought I was the ONLY one who did that!!"
Start typing ;)
Eyeliner smudges and lipstick smears-
Fluidity

1 comment:

mag said...

hahaahahha DUHH....


whytf would a reciept exist?

exaaactly.... bam!